In cold climates, properties are vulnerable to costly and serious damages from frozen and burst water lines. PHS Winterizes all plumbing fixtures, inside and outside a home, including sinks and toilets, outdoor spigots, and dry, steam and radiant heat systems.
Basic Winterizing proccedures:
- Drain all water lines
- Use air compressors to assure that all water is blown out of the lines
- Drain hot water tanks
- Pressure-test the system for possible leaks
- Inform client as to any plumbing system damages and estimate repairs per request
- Toilets are cleaned and flushed, and antifreeze is added to bowls and tanks.
- Antifreeze is poured into sink drains and traps.
- Stickers are applied to all winterized fixtures noting the date of winterization, providing contact information, and advising that the fixtures cannot function without a proper de-winterization.
- Winterized Notice Signs posted on front windows/ doors per clients requirements
- Photos provided of all proceedures provided above
- Photos provided of damages found, concernes or approved repairs made
- Winterize Report completed and Signed by the contractor providing the winterizing